Applications for the 2019 - 2021 USF Innovation Fellowship are now Closed!
The USF Innovation Fellowship is a full time, two year immersive fellowship during the course of which the fellow will take the ownership of setting up and running low cost Innovation Hubs within low income schools and community centers for rural and urban children. In addition to gaining an in-depth understanding of inquiry driven, STEM education, the fellows will also learn how to launch their own social enterprises at the end of the two years (creating a business plan/ budgeting/ forecasting/ etc). Each fellow will work on two social innovation projects of their choice during the course of the fellowship.
Roles & Responsibilities during the Fellowship:
- Conducting inquiry driven, STEM workshops with children at the Innovation Hubs within schools and community centers
- Program execution of the assigned Innovation Hubs
- STEM Curriculum development (for Children and for Educators)
- Stakeholder engagement (Parents/ Teachers/ Community)
- STEM Training for Interns
This is not a comprehensive list.
Training provided during the Fellowship:
- STEM Skills (Mechanical Projects/ Electronics/ Robotics/ etc)
- Inquiry driven learning
- Facilitation of workshops
- Design Thinking/ Social Innovation
- Program Execution/ Time Management