Do you believe that children should be taught "How to Think" and not "What to Think"?
Universe Simplified Foundation, a Mumbai based non-profit, is setting up low cost Innovation Hubs within schools and community centers for rural and urban children from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Innovation Hubs empower children to apply Science and Technology to address real life local and global challenges and to create opportunities for themselves.
The curriculum is implemented on a once a week basis and is completely hands on and inquiry driven.
Would you like to be a Change Maker?
We are looking for highly committed and passionate individuals who believe in the potential of each child to think differently and creatively. We are looking for the below qualities:
- Taking ownership/ responsibility
- Openness to learning
- Critical thinking/ problem solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork/ Collaboration
Total Positions Available: 31
- 5 months - June 2019 to October 2019
- Total of 16 Sessions
- Each Session - 2 hours/ week
- Training Sessions - 6 Sessions (full day) at Andheri, Mumbai conducted on Saturdays
- Travel reimbursement
- Letter of Appreciation
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a Innovation Hub Manager, the intern is responsible for mentoring the students on a once a week basis and ensuring the successful implementation of the program “Innovation Hub” through which students will build real life applications based on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
- Operations with respect to the innovation hub (such as taking pictures, uploading weekly status to drive, etc) to be carried out by the intern as per the Operations document given at the time of orientation.
- To attend training sessions for learning how to make STEM projects in order to be able to mentor the children and conduct the sessions.
Training provided on:
- Hands-on, Inquiry Driven STEM Education
- Electronics (for interns selected to facilitate electronics workshops)
- Facilitation skills
Details of our Innovation Hubs:
** Interns will be assigned to one location depending on their preference.
- Sitaram Compound Mumbai Public School (Lower Parel)
- Natwar Nagar Mumbai Public School (20 minutes walk from Andheri Station)
- Community Center (Lokhandwala, Andheri West)
- Community Center (Juhu)
- Dahagaon Zilla Parishad Primary School (an hour from Kalyan)
- Dahagaon Secondary School (an hour from Kalyan)
** Students are from grade 7th, 8th and 9th Grade. 8th/ 9th grade curriculum involves teaching electronics.
** There will be 2-3 interns managing one Innovation Hub.
** Universe Simplified Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.